Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Glitter Embellishments....Glittered Houses!

Hi everyone!  Having a great week?  I am. I love glitter!  With Easter right around the corner, glitter is a great decoration for eggs!


For my second glitter card, I glittered some little die cut houses and added them to my card as an embellishment. Simple, you say? You bet!

I am IN LOVE! I didn’t think that glitters could get much better than the ultra fine but I was wrong. WOW! You should see these glitters. They are called Elizabeth Craft Design Glitter Ritz and are MICRO FINE. The sparkle that this glitter lets off is incredible. The pictures don’t do it justice. The micro fine glitter has a velvety feel to it. It is incredibly fine and adds no bulk to whatever you are glittering. This glitter comes in a fabulous selection of colors. (My favorite today is coppery rose.) Click HERE to go to Frantic Stamper to see these glitters!

I started by die cutting the houses from the Heritage cartridge by Cricut. For those of you who like vintage and who have a Cricut, I recommend this cartridge. It not only has the little houses and a great font but it also has some beautiful cameos. After cutting the houses, I brushed on a thin but even coat of tacky glue over the die cuts and then dipped them into glitter to coat them.



Here is a close up.  The picture doesn't do them justice.  The micro fine glitter is very very tiny and gives off a velvety sparkle.  It's very unique. The little white dots on the glitter are actually sparkle.



And here is my collage card.






No comments: