Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Scroll Heart Tabbed Tag Book (Buch met scroll heart punch)

Hello and Happy Sunday to you all!  I hope that you find today a wonderful day.

I was playing around with the scroll heart punch and thought "wouldn't this make a pretty design on the end of a tag for a book?"  I went through a few trials before I ended up with what you will see below.  I love taking pieces of a design and using them in different ways. Because the scroll heart design is larger, it's easier to cut away pieces of the design to get a new look.

The tabbed hearts are actually from the punch design. 
  1. I used thinner patterned paper for my tags.  I cut the tags out from a Tim Holtz Tag die from Sizzix first.  I used the heart in the center of the design as my center point.
  2. Then I punched the ends of the tags.
  3. I punched once for each tag:  once on the left for the first tag, once in the middle for the second tag and once on the right for the third tag.
  4. I cut away the parts of the design I didn't want which left the heart design.


 
 



 Here are pictures of the Tag Book Cover and pages.







Details, Details...closeups of some of the details of my Tag Book.


 The punched border makes a nice accent here.  I glued the border on each tag so that when the page is opened, it creates some unity between the two pages, left and right.


This little tag book makes a great Brag Book for the scrapbookers.  You don't have to stop at three tags.  You can add more, just alternate the tabbed hearts!



No comments: