Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Fancy Faux Enameled Flower

 Fancy Faux Enameled Flower


Hi and welcome to my blog!  Thanks for coming!


Today's card includes a faux enamel technique using liquid embellishment drops. This was my first attempt. I have been wanting try this out.



This is a 5 x 7inches card made with white cardstock, then layered with a dark pink cardstock, then with a patterned paper from Anna Griffin.
The center die cut decoration was done with a patterned cardstock and a border die from Diamond Press.

The Technique:

For the above card I used the following embellishment drops:
  1. Scrapbook.com Pops of Color:
    • Sparkle Snowflake
    • Purple
    • Lilac
  2. Tonic Studios NUVO drops:
    • Vintage Drops in Pioneer Green and 
    • Crystal Drops in Plum Pudding
I die cut a flower from lavender pearl card.  I chose this die because it has open areas that I can color.  It's not too intricate.

I started out with the Sparkle Snowflake and filled in the petals.  Then I used Plum Pudding starting where the petals meet at the flower.  I used just a little and drew out the color with the tip. I did this for all the petals.

For the leaves I used two shades of NUVO Vintage drops.  I used the darker color at the base of each leaf going about halfway up. Then I switched to the lighter shade and completed coloring in the leaves. Then I used the bottle tip to blend where the two colors meet on each leaf.  I did not mix them.  I was careful to pull one color into the next only 1-2 times. (I think the leaves could have used a little more work but I didn't want to go over them again for fear of mixing the colors together.)
I probably could have used a toothpick or a poky tool. The bottle tip worked fine.  I made sure to clean the nozzle to avoid contaminating the color in the bottle.


So, what do you think?  Leave a comment and let me know!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lis





No comments: