Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Birthday Butterflies Card

 Hi all,

Today's card is a little different with a two-page front.





Items used:
  • Patterned paper -  Maja Designs
  • German scrap - gold border
  • Paper Tole Butterflies and frame - Hot Off the Press
  • Gold Foiled Acetate - Kanban (Create and Craft)
  • Rubber stamps - Hampton Arts
  • Red line or wonder tape
To make my card:
  • I covered my card front (card measures 5 x 6 1/2) with patterned paper
  • I prepared my acetate so that I could put it on my card without attaching it so that I could position the gold foil borders correctly
  • I added the vertical gold foil border
  • I stamped the tea pots border with distress ink in dark purple
    • I stamped the tea cups so that the paper tole would cover them.  The person receiving this card (my sister) will open the first page and see the tea cups.
  • I added the horizontal gold foil border

  • I stamped the inside with a sentiment "Where there is tea there is love"
  • My last step is attaching the acetate to my card
To make the acetate layer:
  • I took a piece of acetate and added about 3/4 inch additional (horizontal measurement) to the size of the card.
  • I scored it on the left.
  • I added red line tape (very sticky and strong clear double sided tape) to the back of the small scored side (left)
  • I added this to my card and attached it to the left backside. (NOTE: I did this AFTER I finished the card front.)
  • I added the paper tole to the right side of the acetate

 Here you can see the effect of the acetate with the card front.


Thanks for stopping by,
Lis

No comments: