Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Pretty Lacy Card

Hi everyone!  I hope that your weekend was fun.  I can't believe that it's July 4th weekend coming up!  The year just keeps going by so fast!

Today's card combines lace, acetate and iris folding!


I started out with this acetate that I recently got that has a white flower design on it.  I thought it was so pretty.  I also had this piece of lavender shimmer card with a butterfly punched out.  I've had this for months trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it.  You know how you start a card with a specific idea in mind and then it just goes away?  Well, that's this butterfly.

I had some foils so I decided to do some iris Folding with the butterfly.  I didn't use a pattern (I probably should have).  I was going for colorful wings.
 
I went into my stash of misc stuff and pulled out a white paper doily and this gold foil  sticker lace.

 
 
I got the sentiment from a book of sentiments (die cut) from  Hunkydory (Paper Wishes).  They have a lot of relatives' names that you don't usually find like cousin, aunt nephew, etc.


You can see the layers really well.


Hope you enjoyed my card today.

Lis
 

No comments: