Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Round the World...a card for travelers!


I love maps. I love to use them as part of a collage and also for cards. When I saw frantic stamper's Earth dies, I had to have them!  One die is a regular die which cuts out an Earth "map" of the western n eastern hemispheres.  The other die is a reverse die which cuts out the detail within a piece of paper but does not produce a separate die cut.
I chose several papers that would work with my dies including handwriting, newspaper adverts and a pretty collage piece I used for my background.
I cut out the detail of the Earth using the reverse die in the center of my newspaper advert paper.  I used mounting tape to add this to the green handwriting paper, taking care to add mounting tape beneath the continents so they would be supported..  I cut another Earth using the regular die out of embossed gold foil on card stock.  I glued this onto my detail image.
You may have noticed the chain at the top and bottom of my card. I used a Sizzix die for this (Sizzix Original Die - Chained) and used white shimmer paper.
I hope that you will consider these dies for your cards too!


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com. Frantic Stamper Products Used:

No comments: