Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Thinking of You...a three Layer Card

 

  
I got the idea for this card from a webisode called Simply Ann.  I liked the idea so much that I copied a couple of parts from it (the acetate and the window).  This card takes a little time to do but it's worth it.
I wanted to make a card for my sister who lives in New York State.  I wanted to do a travel theme because we live so far apart.
To start I decided on a 6 1/2 x 5 card base out of white cardstock. I measured some acetate and cut it with about 1/4 inch so that I could bend it back and attach to the back of my card later.  I love working with acetate.  There is so much that I can do with it like making shaker boxes, stamped designs for overlays, tinting it with alcohol inks.
I started work with my main card by covering it with paper from Graphic 45's Come Away with Me collection.  It fits perfectly with the travel theme.
I covered my card and then used the photo card die to cut the center out.  Then I glued this cut out to the inside of my card using the cut out as a guide.
I decorated each layer so that there was a surprise when you turned the page.
Layer One (the cover):
 
Layer Two:
Layer three:
 
 
Close Up!
 
Aren't these little icon people fun?
I love the flower and leaf dies! One die and several sizes of flowers and leaves! Grand!
 
I can think of so many uses for the light bulb!
 
 
One last thing I did was to take a plain white ribbon and use Distress Stain (Salty Ocean) on it.  I dyed the ribbon, dried it and it came out beautifully.
 
I hope you enjoyed my three layer card!  Thanks for stopping by! Lis


Because I used a number of dies, I thought it would be convenient to provide the links in case you wanted to look them over.
 

No comments: