Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Believe in Christmas! a Card




Today's card is a Christmas card.  I really wanted to try out the new Tim Holtz On the Edge die stars.  I made my card starting with a plain white card stock base.  I added a sparkly light blue glitter paper to the front and then die cut the stars edge. 
I cut a piece of blue suede paper (a rectangle) and attached to the inside of the card so that the blue would show on the front.  I decided to trim around the light blue star edge so that I would have about a 1/8 inch border of dark blue. 
I added some Idea-Ology star gems.  ( I did try them out on all the stars but it didnt look good so I opted to use these embellishments on only some of the die cut border stars.)
I had some embellishments from K&Co from last year so I used one of them (the title "believe" and the gold stars).
You can see behind the word that there is a punched design.  I used a Martha Stewart punch and punched out a two inch strip (both sides) as a background.  I think that I probably shouldnt have done that.  I think the word would have been better alone. Unfortunately I couldnt take it off as I had already glued it down. Oh well.  SAMPLE! :-)


 Here is a close up of the star border. Pretty, yes?  I added a patterned paper of music to the inside of my card so that it would show on the front also.

This is the inside of my card.  I used some Dazzles Red Jewel Border to disguise the edge of the blue suede paper.
Hope you liked my card. More Christmas cards to come!
Lis

No comments: