Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rose Ribbon Card

This card is made entirely out of ribbon.  The card base is kraft cardstock.  To make my card I coated the cover of my card in xyron glue.
  • The rose ribbon I'm using is 3 inches wide.  I cut the wire edges off and laid the ribbon down, trimming as needed. The rose ribbon is very satiny feeling so my card will have a neat feel to it.
  • I added
    • 3/4 inch red line tape about midway on the card.
    • the lace ribbon to the lower half of the red line tape.
    • the mauve ribbon to the upper half, creating a fold as I went.
  • I chose to fold the end to the back but trimming at the edge would work too.

To make the bow:
You will need:
  • 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch ribbon
  • 1 x 6 inch length of the 1/4 inch ribbon
  • 1 x 12 inches of each 1/2 and 1/4 inch ribbons
  1. 1. Take a length of 1/2 inch ribbon, leave a tail about 3 inches long pointing toward the floor. Wind the ribbon about 3 times around three fingers (I used my right hand) and allow the second tail to point up to the ceiling.  Now here's the trick - you have to set it down so that you can make the second part of the bow - so set something on it heavy to hold it, use a clip or a husband. 
  2. Follow the same procedure with the 1/4 inch ribbon.
  3. Put the thinner ribbon on top of the thicker ribbon.
  4. Tie them together with the piece of 6 inch thin ribbon.
  5. Fluff and arrange as needed.
 Close Up!

Love the red on black faux cameo (I'm in a cameo phase...)


I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Stop by next weekend for another ribbon project!

Lis

No comments: