Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Grid Design for Cards

Hi everyone!  I hope that you are all doing well!

The template for my card today is not a new one. In fact, it's about as old as I am (and that's pretty old!)  I used different patterned paper with yellows and greens.  I added the red and pink heart border - I wasn't sure about it but it really works well.

I love the butterflies as a border between two of the patterned papers.



Close Up!

I used a butterfly border as demarcation on my card.

I hope that you try this out at home.  It's a really simple card to make and uses up your scraps too!  Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty new at this place and adore the design, could you let me know me where you bought this theme? You can contact me on my e-mail…looking forward to hear from you

Lis said...

Hi! Glad you like it. I got these papers from DCWV (Die Cuts with a View). I like to purchase their 4x6 pads(not sure the exact size but its the smaller pad). This particular one was a Lemon theme. The template I created myself. I divided the card surface into thirds vertically-two-thirds on one side and one third on the other (right side). I divided the right one third side horizontally into thirds (approximately) to get my template. This design is really nothing more than a type of colorblocking. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know. I couldn't answer you through email because you didn't leave yours for me (you would want to email me directly rather than leave it on this comment page.) Take care!