Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Washi Tape with Bouquet

Today's card:
  1. Card base was ivory cardstock with the front covered in mirrorcard.
  2. Mat size is 3 3/4 inches x 5 inches (I wanted to see more of a border around this mat.)
  3. I covered the mat with washi tape in colors of pinks and purples and one blue.
  4.  I attached the mat with two-sided tape after trimming the edges.
  5. I added the blue flowers first and attached them with glue dots, leaving the stems free.
  6. Then I added the ribbon bow with a glue dot over the stems.
  7. I trimmed the stems.
  8. I set the ribbon with glue dots.
  9. Lastly I added some other small paper flowers to fill in the space.
(I have to say that I am very happy with the way my pictures turned out today!  I wish they were all this good.)


Close Up!

The bouquet...

A bow using wired organza...



The strips of washi tape...


A side view of the ruffles off the bow...


QUESTION:

Would you prefer this format rather than the other one?  With this format I will give directions/instructions/the steps I used to create my cards.  What do you think?  Please leave a comment or click/vote below by clicking in one of the little boxes.

Thanks! Lis (and come back soon!)

No comments: