Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

I Love You HoneyPOP Paper Card!

Hi everyone!  Boy do I have something for you today!

Apparently I was not paying attention last year in February when InkyAntics came out with HoneyPop Paper pads.  I don't know how I missed it but I found them on http://www.franticstamper.com/. I ordered one to see what was up.  Below is the result of my fun! 

You can also click HERE to go directly to the page.

Click HERE to go see the Webisode on HoneyPop Paper. Paper Wishes has some great examples.

HoneyPop paper is actually honeycomb paper.  You cut half a shape, glue it to both sides of the inside of a card, and when you open the card - surprise - you get the whole shape!  It's very light, and only 1/8 inch thick - I was able to run it through my die cutter without any problem.  I used regular steel rule dies.  The thin etched dies won't work with this.  I did use an xacto blade to carefully cut a strip off and that worked too.

So, here is the front of my card (it's actually the inside that is so exciting!)
 (I got that darn tint again!)

Close Up of the Inside of my Card with the Honeycomb Paper!

Is this not too cool?  Remember that when you either hand cut or die cut you paper, all you need is HALF a shape.  When you open it up, you will have the whole shape!

This is a nice side view.  All I did was use glue stick to attach this to the inside of my card.

Here is a great view of the dimension of the heart when it is opened.  The total dimension closed is about 1/8 inch.  So, its ok to mail.


I hope that you enjoyed today's card!  Stop by again for more inspiration!

Lis

No comments: