Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tissue Tape Double Border Card

Hi everyone!

Today's card has a lovely double tissue tape border.




 Close Up!
The papers that I used for this card are from Prima.  I bought one of their 8 x 11 pads and it included the pretty bird below which I punched out.  I used Forest Moss distress ink on the edges and attached with mounting tape.



Here is a close up of the double border.  First I added the ticket border (Tim Holtz tissue tape). I added the full width of the tape to my card.  Then I mitered the corners. I used a ruler and an xacto blade and cut from the inner corner to the outer corner.  I was able to easily feel when my blade hit paper so I knew when to stop cutting.  I took off the cut tissue tape and voila - a perfect frame.
I took a variety of tissue tapes and tore pieces off and layered them onto the edges of my card, overlapping the tapes as I went.  For this second layer, I only used half the width of the tape.


I used an over sized gem to decorate the front of my card.  It looks like a ribbon slide, don't you think?


Since my ribbon wrapped around to the inside front of my card I wanted to finish it off.  I used a matching (smaller) gem on the end.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

No comments: