Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A couple of simple cards for you...

Hi everyone!
Sorry that I have been lax in publishing lately.  The holidays, after the holidays and work have kept me pretty busy.  I hope that I am back on track for now.  Thanks for your patience!

My first card offering is a basic pink glitter background with Florentine paper backed with gold and a pink ribbon.

This is a nicely classic style with an out of the ordinary color - PINK!  The picture doesn't do the card justice. The glitter cardstock I used is quite glittery and beautiful.  The Florentine paper that I used has gold accents around the flowers.  The gold mat accents this nicely.



My second card is a simple butterfly accented heart punched design.  I filled the negative spaces of the punched design with red glitter glue (hearts) and diamond glaze.  It took very little time for this to air dry.

  I added the 3-d butterfly from K&Company to the center of my card.  You may notice that I also used some white opal Liquid pearl as accents on the corners.

Close up!

I wanted to show you the effect of using diamond glaze in the cut outs from the punch. It worked really well and gave the overall card a nicely glazed accent.


I hope you enjoyed these designs and that they inspire you to create your own unique cards!

Lis

No comments: