Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cards - Christmas Collage Card

I LOVE this card!  I came home from  work one day and sat down at my craft table (aka my kitchen table...LOL) and made it.  I love when everything comes together and inspiration hits.  Those are the best moments!

Christmas Collage:

I have this wonderful green, red and gold Florentine paper from Graphic Products Corp. (You should visit their scrapbooking papers...amazing!)  I attached a scrap that I had (no measuring, no kidding!) to a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Christmas cardstock.  (You will notice the glass gem surrounded with crystals in the lower left!)


Here's a side view.


Boy do I have Close Ups!

I had already added the flowers to the card but I really really wanted to add some dark green ribbon too.  I decided to add the ribbon over top of the flowers.  It reminds me of when you bundle a bunch of flowers together.  You can also see the green glitter holly leaves and red dew drops peeking out of the side! (PS: the flowers also have some gold glitter on the edges of the petals!)

After I added the Florentine paper, I realized that it just seemed so "cut".  I The edges were really apparent and didn't blend the way I wanted them to .  I could have used color to accomplish this but decided on white tissue tape from Tim Holtz.  I added this on two sides only.

There was a big empty space on the right and I wanted to put something there too.  I found some gold merry Christmas stickers which I added.

 I added large white pearls by the flowers and also at the top right of my paper.




I hope you love this card as much as I do!  Come back again for more Christmas Cards!
Lis

No comments: