Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Geometric Designs for Cards

Hi everyone!  Happy Saturday!  I hope that you are enjoying your day and doing something crafty!

This week I am going to publish some geometric designs for cards.  I love geometric designs (but not geometry!) because they are clean, usually simple to do and they can have a powerful effect without much effort.

I call my first card "Intersection Flower." (Unfortunately I was not very creative so if you can think of a better name, let me know!)

This is a very simple design on a 5 1/2 inch by 5 1/2 inch ivory card.  I used the same color dark purple card stock to mat all of my pieces (only three!).



There really isn't too much to this card.  I really like the look of the big flower.  I used a green background to hint at green grass and leaves.  Is that what you thought of when you looked at it?

I like geometric designs also because I feel free to use a lot of patterned paper without guilt(LOL)!



Close Up!
I used four little pink jeweled brads as decoration. They didn't attach the paper to anything. I used glue stick for that.

Hope you enjoyed today's card. Come by again!
Lis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning!!!