Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Ancestry Collage Card

Hi everyone and happy Friday!  Guess what!  I am on vacation for a week.  I've been working very hard (12 hour days are a killer) and am looking forward to spending a few days with a girlfriend of mine and having a little downtime.  Work has just been so very busy with lots of exciting things going on.  I am ready to take a few days off though and re-energize myself again!

This weekend I have a couple of really pretty collage cards for you.  Today's card features a background collage pattern from one of Tim Holtz's embossing folders and some images placed together to create this card.  I thought using the white pearl paper for the background allowed the added elements to stand out.


Keys and clocks are a favorite element of mine: unlocking knowledge and the passage of time.


I really like the way this key turned out.  I had some gold foil and added it over a chipboard key.  Then I added beige pearls in four sizes to give it some interest.



At first I was going to give my little horse an emerald eye but I thought it would be too loud so a clear crystal eye is what I decided on.



I hope that you liked my card today!  Stop by again tomorrow for my next collage card!

Lis

No comments: