Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Two Women

Hello everyone!  Hope you are all having a good day. I am in a victorian state of mind lately. I love the old fashioned feel, the ornateness, the stateliness of the era.  There are such wonderful qualities to all the different decades. 

For the card below I used the Heritage cartridge from Cricut.  It really is a wonderful cartridge!  It has lots of old fashioned designs for cards, wagons and houses. What I like most about this cartridge is that it has shadow profiles for people.  I really like the look of them.  So stay tuned!  In a couple of days I will be posting a card with just this style!  For today though I thought I would use a fancy rectangle with pretty swirls in it, in two different sizes, and my 30s-40s women for a card.  I used papers from Basic Grey's Curio Line (simply gorgeous). You may also recognize the backgroun I used for my photo.  It's from Tim Holtz Paper Stash.


I used Ranger Sticky Backed Canvas in white to print out the images of the women using my inkjet printer. (The canvas feeds in just like paper. The print does not run or bleed.  One thing to remember is that canvas has a pretty big texture to it.  You will not get ultra fine details to look good here.)  I matted the pictures to black cardstock.


This is a close up of the flower and center. I like the unexpectedness of the center of the flower.

Hope you liked today's card.  Come back each day to see the other old fashioned cards I have made for you!

1 comment:

Embosserissima said...

Really nice Lis! I love vintage style and your has been amazing! Thanks for sharing. Hugs.