Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Festive Christmas Card

 Hi everyone,
Today's car includes some hand coloring.  I love to color but I'm not a good artist (that means I usually cant keep within the lines). 



 Items used:
  • Tattered Lace Die used for card base shape and for foil cut outs
    • Shadow Collection - Meadow Sweet
  • silver foil card (matte), red gloss card
  • spectrum noire in red and green
  • image was from a Christmas 12 x 12 paper pad that had vintage images
To make the card:
  1. I cut two pieces of the "card" out of white card stock.
  2. I used one piece for the front and the other for the back.
    • I took a ruler and embossed a line on the left side of my 'back' piece of paper and folded on the line.  This folded tab was what I glued to the front piece to make the whole card without losing the full front image.
  3. I cut the inner die cut twice, once from silver foil card and once from red glossy card.
  4. I cut off most of the red parts except the large rose parts in the upper right and lower left corners.  These were layers under the silver foil piece so that they just showed.  I did this ti give a bit of red color to the card.
  5. I added the silver foil die cut to the front of the card and glued that down.
  6. I colored in the leaves and the flowers with green and red.
  7. The inside of the card is not shown but I added a little sentiment there also.

Lis

No comments: