Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What to do with scrapbook paper with large images

Hi everyone!

Have you ever purchased a beautiful piece of scrapbook paper because it had a beautiful scene or image on it?  Then you get it home and wonder how you can possibly incorporate it into a card because the image is so big?  Me, too!

Solution:  Cut out the image and either make it a central focus (example below) or use it in a collaged card.



The central image on the scrapbook paper that I bought was this pretty girl looking at a huge cupcake.  The right side was this really pretty glitter plaid. 

First, I used the plaid as a background.  I used a corner punch to make fancy corners. I added some music tissue tape (Tim Holtz) and some school desk tape (You can find this at your local school teacher supply store.  I highly recommend visiting this store.  They have all kinds of stuff to use in collage.  Would you like a pack of library cards like they have in the books at the library?  They have them here!  Tapes, tags, papers, magnets,  you just have to go!)

I cut the girl and frosting out.  I attached this to the mat with foam tape. Then I cut the cupcake part out and slid it under the frosting at the bottom.  It really gives this more of a 3-d look than if I had cut the whole piece out together.

I added a gold satin bow and ribbon and done!



How do you incorporate large images into your cards?

No comments: