Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TImeless Christmas - Stampscapes Technique Card


Hi everyone!  Today I want to introduce you to Stampscapes!  Stampscapes are rubber stamps that create scenes when you put them together.  There is a website http://www.stampscapes.com/ where you can look at many samples, look for classes and instructors (I am one!)

I used four stamps to complete this picture. (Yes, I know it's a Christmas card, but I really like it)  The coloring on this card is a layering of colors which is the techniques stampscapers use.  These cards have a very typical "glow" to them.


There are a number of stampscapes techniques including using a foam applicator and airbrushing with copic markers or alcohol inks.  This is in addition to the traditional applicator with dye inks.  Most if not all stampscape cards are done on glossy white cardstock. The stamps are stamped in StazOn black.

If you are interested in seeing more of this kind of card or are interested in learning more about Stampscapes, let me know!


1 comment:

Embosserissima said...

Lis it's so wonderful! You made a really great work with this. If it's possible I would like to know the process of this card. I want to learn more about this technique. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valentina.