Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Collage Card

This is truly a collage card!  I think I added everything but the kitchen sink.

Starting from the top and working our way down the front of the card:
  1. A photo or film holder or slide holder.  This is a reproduction of orignals used with negatives.  Mine was painted with dye inks and has gold beads glued to it.  There is a picture of a rabbit in the center.  Did you know that you can buy a punch and punch out as many as you want?
  2. A wooden bingo chip "N40".  I like using these as little embellishments. You can turn them around, paint them and stamp on them too!
  3. A layered nameplate with a key on it.  Eyelets fasten the ends together and add to the golden decoration. The center is empty so that you can look at the papers behind it.
  4. A little glass bubble that magnifies what is under it.  Although I used glass, you can find plastic ones that weigh much less.
  5. A door handle made from shrink plastic and colored brown. On the door handle is a miniature door hanger  saying "hello".
  6. Paper pieces of flowers, stamps, and other items that I cut out of various pieces of scrapbook papers.


Although I had to use a slightly larger envelope (because of the photo holder), it was a fun card to send and for my friend to receive.
I like this card because it is a feast for the eyes.  Each time I look at this card I see something else!


No comments: