Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Father Christmas - a card

This is my favorite card so far for this season.  I love the shape of the card and the contrasting white with dark green foliage.




 Items used:
  • card base - white card
  • die used - Tonic
    • Tonic has these "verso" dies where the pattern can be cut into the card rather than out of it as a separate piece. This is what I used to get the opening on the front of my card where the red from the inside of the card shows through.
    • This particular set also comes with the outer dies that cut the shape.
  • The die for the green foliage - unfortunately I cannot remember.  I believe that I got it at Paper WIshes.com.
  • Paper Wishes - embossing folder for the front of the card
  • stickles glitter glue for the centers of the embossed areas
  • forest green suede paper for the foliage - Paper Wishes
  • gold flowers - michaels
  • gold glossy and red glossy card
  • image - This was cut from a 12 x 12 paper.  I cut the image itself down also to fit the size I wanted for my center.  I was able to meld two parts of the image to make it look like Santa was holding the bag.  In actuality the bag is at his feet in the original image.  Pretty cool, huh?



Here is a great close up of the green foliage.  I love that the suede paper was embossed.  The embossed parts look lighter in color but in fact it is the same piece of forest suede paper.


Here's a look at the embossing I did and the addition of glitter.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

No comments: