Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Dowbton Abbey Car Card

Hi all,

The picture of the car on this card is a bit wonky.  I fixed it and it looks a lot better now...LOL.  Unfortunately I couldn't fix the gold background.  Its still on a tilt.  Oh well, a learning opportunity!


Items used:
  • Downton Abbey Dies (car, feather, the Abbey)
  • Downton Abbey paper
  • Tonic card die (verso)
  • gem brads
  • Bo Bunny Brads
  • silver glitter card
  • gold glossy card
  • White card for the card base
  • dark brown card (The name of this cardstock is Canyon Brown and is a linen cardstock/cover made by Neenah.  It is the most beautiful and rich color brown I've been able to find.  You can order it through either Kelly Paper or The Paper Mill Store.  Neenah also makes a rich rich black called Epic Black.  It is also part of Neenah's Linen Line.  This is a deep rich black that I truly love.)

I had planned to cut out the entire gold background but it didn't cut completely.  Rather than try to match it back up to the die (that never seems to work for me on foil.  It always shows a second cut line.) I decided to add what I had as a distressed piece.  I added the Downton Abbey in silver glitter in front and behind the car (which I SWEAR has straight lights now!)


I really like the brads from Bo Bunny.  They are old fashioned so that is what I used here.  I probably should have used another color for the feather rather than gold again so that it would stand out more.

Take care, Lis

No comments: