Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Glitter Techniques...A Glitter-Painted Card!

I really like the option of using glitter glue.  It's not messy and usually comes in fine or ultra fine.  Sometimes though I don't have the color that I want to use.  No problem!  I just make my own.



For today's glitter project, I mixed the Elizabeth Craft Design Glitter Ritz microfine glitters with diamond glaze.  I used a small paint brush and painted the glitter accents onto my stamped card. The micro fine glitter is so tiny that when I mix it with Diamond Glaze I get a glittery paint. I used my brush and painted each glitter “color” onto my card. I even mixed a couple of colors together to get a brown-green to create a “shadow” on the pumpkins

Notes:
  1. Diamond glaze dries clear and dries fairly quickly.  You have enough time to paint what you want but don't mix all the colors at once.  Do them one at a time as you use them.
  2. Use a plastic or foam plate (white is best so you can see your colors).  You can throw it away when you are done.
  3. Keep a cup of water and a towel nearby so that you can clean your brush after each color.
Here you can see my stamped image (I used plain cardstock) and the Glitter Ritz glitter colors.


    I made the mistake of using a plastic watercolor palette.  This was not a good idea because the diamond glaze dried hard as rock.  I had to throw it away.  Use a plastic plate! 

    Here is my finished card.  It is very pretty and really sparkles!


    Note: I didn’t have any micro fine orange glitter so I used ultra fine glitter that I had from Martha Stewart. When you look at the card, look at the pumpkins, which were colored with that ultra-fine glitter, you can see through the glitter to the stamped image. With the micro fine glitter you cannot. The difference is really significant.



    This was a fun card to make.  I especially liked mixing my own glitter colors. I felt like a mad scientist!


    If you would like to look for Elizabeth Craft Design Glitter Ritz, go to http://www.franticstamper.com/





No comments: