Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Visions and Dreams Book

I love to make little journals and books. I think it's exciting to turn each page and see what is on the next page.  I like to add little doors to open, little cubbys to put stuff in, little drawers to pull out.

The little book I made for today does not have all the extras that you might find in one of my bigger books, but it has some very pretty pages that I decorated with Alice in Wonderland papers from Graphic 45.

I started with a pre-made book that had a scalloped design. 


I glued two inner pages together for strength and ended up with 4-5 total pages to decorate.  To cut the papers to fit onto the pages, I made a template from one of the inner pages and used it to trace the page shape onto the papers that I was going to use.

Here you can see that I used a lot of ribbons for the spine of the book, weaving them in and out of the wires.


This is the front of my book.

 And this is the back of my book.  I covered the back with Tim Holtz tissue tape.  That's all I used.  Looks good, doesn't it?

Here is another look at the front and back together.


Here are the pages to my little book.  I did leave the centers undecorated.  I may put ribbons on the inside rungs also.  My books tend to be a work in progress.



I used miniature classic art stickers and framed them.

 And I decorated with punched out Fleur De Li's in blue glitter paper.  I edged all the pages and covers with a gold paint pen for a finished look.

I added a french page and even added a white feather!  The purple shield with the Eiffel tower and "PARIS" is actually a paper clay mould I did.

I used little acrylic gems here.

I left the last pages blank.  I just liked the way they were.


Here are a couple of close ups of some of the details.







I hope that you enjoyed today's little book of mine!




No comments: