Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vintage Wedding Card

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great week!

Today's card is very pretty card I did with weddings in mind. I used a key as the main decorative element and ivory ribbon with green leaf ribbon and roses to accent.




This angled view gives a much better view of the silver embossing that is done on the card.




Embossing with embossing powder can really add an elegant touch to any card whether it is decorative or a greeting.  Below you can see the before and after using silver embossing powder.  It's quite difference, don't you think?



Here you can see the torn paper I layered over the embossed paper to create a"tromp l'oy" effect (french for "fools the eye").  It looks like the embossed paper is torn instead of the patterned paper!



Here is a close up of the kay handle and the roses and leaves that I added. (The leaves were cut from the leaf ribbon I used.


Hope you enjoyed today's card!

No comments: