Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ribbon Butterfly with Pearls Card

Hi everyone!  Having a good week?  Work this week is really busy for me.So much to do and not enough time to do it.  In addition to my card and craft business, I also work at a hospital.  I have done both for a very long time.  I enjoy helping and this is a great place to do it! On to our card!


Today's card is a Ribbon Butterfly card.  The butterfly design comes from the Time Holtz butterfly die.  As I look at the shape, it could be a dragonfly too!

To get the shapes I used on this card, I first took all my scrap pieces of ribbon and a piece of cardstock and glued them on it.  I chose light and dark colors, and even one with sparkle.  Once all the ribbons had been glued down, I used the die and cut out the shapes.





I used gold glossy for the butterfly body and outlined it with white pearls.  When I attached the butterfly to the card, I curved the wings a bit and then glued the ends down so that they would have some height off the card.



I curled the petals to give the flowers more of a 3 dimensional appearance.  (I cut the flowers from a different selection of ribbons than the butterfly so that I could get some variation.)  I glued clear glass balls in the middle of each flower and then placed pearls on top of them.


I hope you enjoyed today's creation. Don't forget to leave a comment or vote to give me instant feedback!

No comments: