Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mardis Gras Cards

Hi everyone!

Happy Sunday to you all. I hope that you are having a great day.  The weather in southern California today is really nice. I can smell Spring in the air.  The sun is shining and the breeze is warm.  Ike, my kitty is having his afternoon nap. He likes to nap as do all kitties. He knows it's important to save up his energy for those nighttime patrols in the house to make sure nothing is stirring, not even a mouse!

I thought I would share a Mardis Gras card with you.  I love Mardis Gras time.  The colors of purple, green and gold go so well together.

The card I did today uses the Slice and the Spook Alley cartridge.  I LOVE this cartridge. I have a cricut and the only reason I bought a Slice was because of this cartridge. (I have to say that I got a great deal on it also during th sales last december.)  The gothic alphabet is one of the best I've seen.  AND the masks are on this cartridge.  I thought they were just wonderful!

The mask is made from a mylar foil with a sticky back that I attached to some cardstock. (Mirror card is probably too thick for the Slice to cut.)  I ran the finished die cut through my cuttlebug with a diamond embossing folder. (I also did this with the purple core'dinations cardstock mat - then I sanded it to show the core.)  Then I added glitter glue to the mask and let it dry.  I added gold glitter glue fleur de lis to the centers of the gold diamonds. Its a barely there monochromatic design that looks really good.

The stick is actually a stick - one of those shish-ka-bob sticks you get at the grocers.  I covered it with gold foil and then laced red and black ribbon around it. I added the jingle bells at the bottoms.


Details, details:




 When I was making this card, I didn't know which mask I would be using so I cut out all of them in different sizes and used different embossing folders on them.  Here are the ones I did.













Hope you enjoyed these masks and the mask card!

No comments: