Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Keepsake Box!

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday!

Today I would like to share with you a little keepsake box that I made.  I bought the box from a craft store and it is made from paper mache.  It came with the clear dome lid. All I had to do was decorate it!


I used florentine paper on the sides and some scrapbook paper for the top.  I edged the top of the box with walnut ink too and crinkled the edges a bit.  I had some crochet and used that on the sides of the lid.  It looks a little dark because I used some distress walnut ink on it.

I chose some pretty buttons and glued them on.  There is actually a flat piece of cardboard that fits into the inside of the lid and holds the dome in place.  I lined the box with suede paper in green.  All in all, 20 minutes.
Have a great day!

No comments: