Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Four Simple Cards to Make

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share some cards that I made this week.  All are simple to make and require very little time and materials.

First up - my Dad's birthday Cards.  My dad just turned 94!  I made two cards just for him.


The base for this first card actually came from a pad that K& Company puts out.  The pad is already cut at the bottom and has a variety of papers in it including the one you are seeing below.  All I did was fold it in half, trim it a little and add some ribbon and bling.  Simple!

 The construction of the second card has only three parts to it.  First I embossed the sentiment in copper.  Then I used a corner punch to cut the corners (front and back).  I used Martha Stewart's Leaves on Branch Trim. This punch actually punches out a trim, not just a border.  I used glitter glues to color the cardstock.


For my next card, I used a beautiful flocked red damask paper from Doodlebug.  I punched the corners with a decorative corner punch fron Fiskars, added a silk ivory ribbon and bow and a chipboard butterfly from Dove of the East. The card took me about 5 minutes to make. (I took a couple of pictures because the flocked damask pattern is difficult to see.  But take my work for it, it's gorgeous!)



For my fourth card, I used Tim Holtz's Rosette die to create the rosette you see below. I used another Martha Stewart punch to create the border. To create the key embellisment, I used another of her punches (it has two little keys on it) to punch out some keys. I glued them one on top of the other and added a brad. the card base is pale blue and really allows the other paper to really pop.

So, a simple card: a base, a border (or a mat), an embellishment, you're done!

No comments: