Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Foiled and Embossed Cards - My Own Technique

Hi everyone!

Well, Today I am going to show you two cards using a technique that I created.  What you are looking at below is a HOT FOIL Technique.  I ironed foil onto the raised embossed designs in the two cards you see below.  I used a commercial Hot Foil (not the foil you use with glue).  I also foiled the letters LOVE with hot foil using the same technique.  Beautiful, don't you think?


The butterflies and dragonflies are punched out using mega punches and shrink plastic (search my blog for a previous shrink plastic project!).  I colored them with chalks and when I shrank them I gently folded the wings up as they cooled.



This next card was foiled using the same technique of HOT Foil.  All I added to this card was some ribbon, a skeleton leaf and a rose.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It's a beautiful monochromatic yellow.




If you would like to read more about my HOT FOIL Technique, how to do it and what iron to use, please let me know.  Also, if you would like a sample of the hot foil I used, send me an email with your address and I will send you some.  For those of you not living in the United States (48 contiguous states), please email me anyway. I will look into how much it might cost to send you some sample foils.  The foils are very lightweight.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks