Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Faux Fleur De Lis Card

Hi everyone!

Today's card uses Liquid Pearls.  Liquid Pearls are like a dimentional paint in a small squeeze bottle.  When it dries, it is pearlescent or pearly, hence the name.  This is such a pretty card. It reminds me of the rich costumes that kings and queens used to wear in the medievil times.

For this card, I started by embossing with a Sizzix embossing folder and then applying gold foil to the raised sections using my Hot Foil technique.  Then I added my faux pearly fleur de lis and glued the white pearls on.



Below are the three steps to making a faux fleur de lis with liquid pearls.  Start by squeezing a bead of liquid pearls.  Using the nozzle (and while still squeezing lightly) pull a tail down.  This is the center.

 Now make a second bead with tail to the right of the first one.  You want to pull the tail in to join with the center tail.
 For the third one, make a third bead to the left of the center and again, pull the tail down to join the center. Voila! Youre done.
I hope that you get a chance to try making these delightful little accents.  Remember that you can add these to the top of a button, an brad, on a ribbon, anywhere!

1 comment:

Embosserissima said...

I love this card. The technique that you use is fantastic! Everything is awesome. Thanks for sharing.