Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Fancy Love Card

Hello everyone!  I hope that you enjoyed yesterday' vintage card.  Today I have another card with a vintage feel for you.

TIPS:
  • You don't always have to use vintage items or images to get a vintage feel.
  • Use colors associated with the era you are trying to get.  Colors are a very strong part of your card or art piece.  If I say "red and green, you think of Christmas. If you see orange, you think of Halloween.  So, you can use color to get a "feel" for a certain period of time as well.
  • Use ivory cardstock.
  • If you are trying to get an old fashioned feel to your card, try using lace or crochet instead of ribbon.
The card today turned out really nice.  I used copper embossing powder (fine).  You will notice below that I have layered a green card with embossing on it on top of what seems to be a copper piece of paper.  Actually this is also a piece of cardstock that I embossed the edges of in copper.  It brings out the copper embossing on the top sheet.

To emboss edges, take your cardstock and rub the sides onto versa mark. Then coat with embossing powder and heat emboss.  Remember that you don't need to always use a stamp when you are embossing. My favorite thing to do is to "Freeform Emboss".  I use just the paper and a direct to paper technique to apply the embossing ink or the versa mark.  This gives my result a rougher edge.  The bow is crochet from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


If you look at the copper embossed edges of the second layer, you will notice patterns in it.  This is the patterned paper showing through the embossing.  (I didn't think that it would show up in a picture because it's so subtle. But there it is!)


Below you can see my "fancy" love!  This die cut came from the Heritage Cricut cartridge.  I used gold glitter on the swirls.  I wove a beiger ribbon through the word and then attached it to the card.  
I hope that you enjoyed today's card. Stay tuned for tomorrow's card!  Another old fashioned one!

No comments: